Yes, there is still much uncertainty around COVID-19. But, one thing is sure – kiteboarding offers invigorating and healthy fun and adventure!
There are so many reasons to be grateful for where we live. Not the least of which, is easy access to endless West Coast outdoors just beyond our doorstep.
Thanks to the contour of the Howe Sound and the resulting strong and consistent winds, Squamish – mother of wind – provides some of the most exceptional conditions in the world for kiteboarding, windsurfing, and sailing.
Again, so incredibly grateful!
As the only business of our kind in operation in the area for 2020, we offer the very best in water sport instruction, activities, and rentals. That includes doing everything we can, every day, to help stop the spread of COVID-19 while our clients enjoy our unique brand of fun and excitement on the water.
What are we doing to keep you safe?
- Frequently sanitizing surfaces that are continually touched
- Providing hand washing stations & sanitizers
- Implementing social distancing measures
- Thoroughly washing all gear between uses
- Requiring frequent hand washing by our staff
- Requiring Declarations of Health from our clients
Keep in mind that, while we do have larger boats, it can be difficult to maintain social distancing at all times.
To participate in any of our lessons or small groups, every participant must sign a waiver and a Declaration of Health confirming, 1. they have not been sick; and 2. they haven’t been in contact with anyone who is over the preceding 14 days.
Our groups range from four to six people. However, if you’d prefer the peace of mind of knowing everyone, organize your own group and kite with only the family and friends in your bubble!
A convenient shuttle to help you get on the water
Don’t let the road closures keep you off the water!
Throughout the Squamish River Dyke Road closures (starting Sept. 1, 2020), Squamish Watersports will offer convenient shuttles from Downtown to the Spit.
The shuttle will run daily as long as we have enough requests. We are prepared to run shuttles every morning and evening as well as midday, based on availability. Meantime, please note these important details:
- $30+GST per person for a round trip shuttle.
- Minimum 4 participants necessary to run the shuttle.
- 48-hour cancellation policy in affect.
- Recommended shuttle times 10-11am, 2-3pm, 6-7pm (all times will be considered, if we have enough participants and availability).
- Stop in at the Squamish Watersports shop for paperwork (including the Declaration of Health).
- Shuttle boat leaves from our private launch beach located at the corner of Main Street and Logger’s Land in the Junction Park.
- Rest assured though, our guides will be wearing a mask on the shuttle. We strongly encourage all of our guests to wear masks during the shuttle, as well.
- Prepare for approximately 20-25 minutes from the time you arrive to getting to the Spit.
- This service is specific to the closure and is ONLY available until September 15, 2020.
BOOK YOUR SHUTTLE – EMAIL email@example.com
With Squamish Windsports Society open until September 15th, this is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy a relaxing and peaceful kiting experience. It’s a truly fabulous time to be on the Sound!
See for yourself what people are raving about! Ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor, our experienced International Kiteboarding Organization (IKO) certified staff will help you not only gain independence on a kiteboard, but become bolder and more adventurous, too. And have a ton of fun doing it!
No matter your level of experience, we know you’ll leave us delighted, energized, and proud of your kiteboarding achievements.
Get the ball rolling — BOOK YOUR FUN NOW!